The Lebanese Arabic Oriental Orchestra with it's president Dr.Walid Musallem who is also in charge of the Lebanese Philharmonic Orchestra, it's principle conductor ( maestro Andre Hajj ) and the management member Mr. Raffat Eitani, embraced an invitation to the composer/orchestrator & conductor Samer Hatoum, the Lebanese in origin and based in Ireland-Europe to take part of the success the orchestra had achieved under the mentioned names effort.
The foreseen target of the orchestra leadership is to open a collaborative and partnership relationship with highly skilled new composers and conductors in Lebanon and the Arab world which led through maestro Andre Hajj love for collaboration and welcoming the new age energy to cross the Lebanese musical border to the Arab region in order to enhance and develop the Arabic classical and traditional music from it's stagnancy to the public's attention.
The Lebanese Arabic Oriental Orchestra performed a theatrical concert in Beirut in December of 2016 under the baton of maestro Andre Hajj a collection of music composed and orchestrated in a new orchestral version by maestro Samer Hatoum in the first half and a Lebanese popular angelic voice presented by Karla Ramia in the second half. This concert provided the orchestra with a new look at the orchestral standard and built a musical bridge with Europe.
The first half of the concert started by an introduction and welcome speech by the president Dr.Walid Musallem , then a speech by maestro Andre Hajj when he introduced maestro Samer Hatoum for the first time with the program.
The concert started by a respect performance by the orchestra for the Lebanese composers Melhem Barakat and Fouad Awad
The program was listed and performed as follows
- Asaluk Al Raheela is a music composed by Muhammad Abdel Wahab from Egypt and orchestrated by Samer Hatoum
- Hope is a music composed and orchestrated by Samer Hatoum
- Introduction is a music composed by Ihsan Al Mounzer, a Lebanese melodist, pianist & composer and reorchestrated by Samer Hatoum
- Kelmet Itab is a music composed by Farid Al Atrash, a Syrian composer and reorchestrated by Samer Hatoum
- Hawel Teftekerni is a music composed by Balegh Hamdi, an Egyptian composer and orchestrated by Samer Hatoum
The second half was presented by Karla Ramia who performed a collection of remarkable traditional songs
The Lebanese Arabic Oriental Orchestra performed with the following
|Orchestra leader||Naji Azar|
|Piano||Olga Bolone ( soloist with the Lebanese Philharmonic Orchestra )|